Blogging The Art of Change™ – December 2020December 31, 2020
Blogging The Art of Change™
Hi Team Art!
Belated Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to my US friends and family!
December has been a quiet month. Most of my clients are working hard to get many objectives completed before year-end. They all are keeping be busy COVID related supply chain opportunities and inventory velocity improvements. The reoccurring issues related to COVID is:
- Demand variability related to shutdowns and customer consumption changes.
- Locating quality suppliers to reposition manufacturing closer to customers successfully.
- Once the supplier is located, qualifying the new product.
- Employee Zoom fatigue.
- Working to adapt Gemda, visiting where work is done in the age of Zoom.
I’ve been on a panel discussion on how small and medium enterprises (SMEs) can leverage the COVID disruption for long-term growth.
- Unleashed the Podcast with Dan Weedin | Covid – A perfect disruptor for SMEs to leverage growth.
A few takeaways from the impacts of COVID and how SMEs can leverage them:
- We have 100% control over our response to events where there is 0% control.
- SMEs are more nimble than larger enterprises.
- Great internal IP strengths of ownership and leadership teams.
How are you holding up with COVID-19? I know these are challenging times. I have felt the mental and emotional challenges. For me, the holidays have been stressful, not physically seeing parents and family. What are your coping methods? I’ve been using the following:
- Exercise, swimming, and walking.
- I am eating healthy and moderate alcohol consumption.
- I’m a member of two mastermind groups, and a supply chain thought leadership group.
What is your support network? Please remember, I’m just a phone call or e-mail away if you want to talk about anything. I’m keeping optimistic about the future, we humans are resilient, and we will emerge stronger! Remember, the roaring twenties were after the Spanish flu pandemic, think for the raging thirties.
Art In The News: Future Events where you can follow Art.
Please check back soon for January schedules.
Categorized in: Art of Change Series™