Blogging The Art of Change™ – January 2021January 31, 2021
Transforming Problem Chains into Profit Chains™
Hi Team Art!
January has been a terrific month. Jam-packed, however, lots of fun and energizing!
Was interviewed on Dan Gaffney Talk, WXDE Delaware 105.9, about my newsletter on COVID – The perfect Disrupter for Small and Medium Enterprises to Leverage for Growth. An interesting side note, I believe Dan was a little confused, he started the interview asking me about SME relating to subject matter experts and not small, medium enterprises.
I’ve always said a crisis or recession is a terrible thing to waste. So, when hit with the COVID pandemic, I’ve been determined not to waste the event and turn it into an opportunity. As your aware, I started a daily exercise routine and changed my diet—the three action items I’m doing that you can emulate for your success.
- Daily exercise and eating healthier. While doing a little bragging about my progress, a friend mentioned that people overestimate what they can accomplish in a day but underestimate what they can achieve in a month or year. During January, I swam 31.5 and walked 57 miles, and lost two pounds. Imagine the results if you improve by 1% each day.
- Growing professional skills. I joined the Florida Speakers’ Association (FSA), a chapter part of the National Speakers Association, to improve my speaking skills and enrolled in their Conni Gordon Speaker Academy. This past weekend was the academy boot camp. WOW, what an experience, FSA outdid themselves for a two seminar. Are you enrolled in self-enrichment classes? The classes don’t need to be directly toward your current career because any new skill will be challenging and exercises our brains.
- Developing intellectual property (IP). It does not matter if you’re self-employed or working for a large multi-national company. We all need to keep developing our individual brands. To some of my clients, I’m the scuba diving supply chain expert, to others, I’m the person they hear the unfiltered truth, and to others, I’m the get the job done person. My question to you, what are you doing to create an IP footprint that sets you apart from the pack? Why is this important? Because you own your brand!
How are you holding up with COVID-19? I know these are challenging times. I have felt the mental and emotional challenges. I’ve been coping with the following methods:
- Exercise, swimming, and walking.
- I am eating healthy.
- I’m a member of two mastermind groups, and a supply chain thought leadership group.
What is your support network? Please remember, I’m just a phone call or e-mail away if you want to talk about anything. I’m keeping optimistic about the future, we humans are resilient, and we will emerge stronger! Remember, the roaring twenties were after the Spanish flu pandemic, think for the raging thirties.
Categorized in: Art Koch Profit Chain® Tips