Leadership Is A Contact SportJuly 18, 2019
With a college football bowl season almost completed and NFL playoffs ready to start. It’s a good time to highlight some importance Leadership observations.
Leadership Is A Contact Sport!
Watch any game over the next few weeks.
What do you see?
- The team huddling between plays. The quarterback leading the team with the next play call.
- Coaches meeting with players between sets of downs and at half time. Adjusting the game plan.
- Communication is face to face. It’s two way. Each party can, hear voice tone changes and see facial expressions.
- You see players and coaches dissecting photos of prior plays.
- It’s: face to face, eye to eye, participated, tactile, you can feel the leadership.
What you don’t see.
- The coach sitting in an office, with four walls, on a conference call with the offensive line.
- Or e-mails to the players.
- Or the entire coaching staff trying to lead from a sky suite.
The best leaders are physical involved. Their presence is felt everyday. They are participative.
Categorized in: Supply Chain Entropy Busters®